Major paradigm shift: becoming observant

Hello everyone,

Alright, so this summer, I have managed to FINALLY take the time to LOOK at things. To stop. And appreciate. Wow! I have missed out so much on life before! I used to just go through life from one chore to the next and never looking around. The end result of such a way of life is that time passes by super fast and you just don't remember much. But worse, you just don't have much to celebrate! That's the real kill-joy of life! 
I have taken a bunch of classes (special post about it soon!) that have taught me to stop and observe. Then, grab a camera and/or a pen and write down what is going on before my eyes. To be honest, my eyes were really untrained when I first started. I just couldn't see anything "special". But then, when I started really paying attention, I was amazed at the result. Honestly, it's one of the most life changing experiences I've gone through so far. 

SEEING.

FEELING GRATITUDE IN MY HEART.

GATHERING THINGS AND HAPPY THOUGHTS TO CELEBRATE.

Overall, this new paradigm shifts your entire perstective. It has enabled me to welcome A LOT of positivity. It's truly uplifting.

So, here are 2 layouts I made to document this shift in perspective. I told you there would be scrapbooking from time to time. It's one of my favorite way to document my life.
The first one shows a picture from my last bike trip. First time I really tried to stop and notice anything "eye" worthy. I enjoyed typing the journaling on my old typewriter. I used my June 2012 Studio Calico So Cal kit and the design was inspired by Cococricketsmama (a SC member):


The second one was one was inspired by Celine Navarro, using my August Studio Calico Mama's Porch add-on kit. I wanted to celebrate what I love about the summer and I thought these lively colors were just perfect!


The LOs are different in color scheme and techniques but they show my growing awareness of what's going on here.

I'll come back soon with some other interesting stuff. I hope you're having a great day.

Sabrina S.

Comments

Popular Posts